Monday, April 16, 2018

April 16, 2018: President Nelson and Elder Holland

Hope this week was a good one for you. We had a great week here in the England Leeds mission. Although it might rain here a lot the seasons are starting to turn and everything just seems to be getting more beautiful by the second! For our p-day this week Elder Fife and I drove out to a secrete villiage out in the outer parts of Skipton! It was beautiful! I don’t think there is a more beautiful place in the world then the rolling green hills of Yorkshire.  
            We were privileged this week to be visited by Elder Holland and President Nelson and their wives! Truly remarkable men! We had Elder Nelson visit at the beginning of my mission and it is amazing to see how the mantle of his prophetic calling has fallen upon him! I really related to Elder Holland! He spoke about how sacred of a land England was to him and everything that his mission meant to him! I couldn’t help but feel the same! It is incredible to think that on September 8 2016 I took my first steps off the plain into a foreign land to start the beginning of a journey that has changed my life so much! I can not express in words the impact these past 20 months have been on me! The thought of it all coming to an end here in the near future is frightening! I am not scared or sad to come home, but am heartbroken to leave this land! I love it! It means everything to me! I am sure it would of happened anywhere else I was called but in this case it wasn’t! it was here! It's England and it is a sacred land to me! I will never be able to deny the feeling and experiences that have happened here! For me I don’t think it will be possible to come back the same! Because there has never been a land, or a people or experiences that have made such an impact on a person then my mission has had on me! It has been imprinted into the deepest part of my heart! It moves me to tears and sends me fire in my bones even thinking about it.
            I love the lord! I am so grateful for him! The heavens are open and the fullness of his everlasting gospel is once again here on the earth!
“Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy. … Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad.” -JS





1 comment:

  1. Beloved in Christ,GOD is for real and HE knows you and HE sees you and HE still loves yo. now,if you too love HIM and Truth,it is important you come to know a well known documented and verified truth(although,hypocrites try to deny it by telling silly lies);that is the book of mormon is totally worthless(Never a Tribe of Israel went to the Americas to give birth to the Natives-the DNA test denies it-and far less the Lord JESUS. Truly,the so called original manuscript with the "pearl of great price" were mere lists of obituaries written in the old language of Egypt,which Smith had purchased in a library and not discovered in a wood,and the "apostles" in Salt Lake know it well;by the way,'cause Joseph and Hyrum were Freemasons,many rituals followed in the temples come from masonry). We have,already,a perfect testament,which you can find it in the GOSPEL(Galatians 1,6-9,Jude 3-4). May the Grace and the Love of our Heavenly Father find a warm welcome in your soul,so that his Holy Spirit can protect you from deception,sin and hell(Luke 12,1-12);until the day-if,you turn earnestly and with humility to our Lord JESUS to get his personal revelation with his forgiveness and holy freedom;and,so,to taste his fellowship with his peace and mercy-you too 'll enter the joy of Paradise. In god's love and Truth

    ReplyDelete