Monday, April 16, 2018

March 6, 2018: Elder Taylor Field

Had to share this awesome experience that Elder Field(Ricky's HS best friend) shared with us:

"What an incredible opportunity technology has brought. On Wednesday morning I was able to testify along-side my childhood buddy who is serving across the globe. So last Sunday I randomly thought of Kameryn Clark and so I looked her up on Facebook and added her as a friend. She accepted within minutes. So I looked at her profile and saw that her most recent post was something about Jesus Christ. Can't get any better than that. So I called President Bartlett right away and received permission to reach out to her and to try to teach her. When we add someone to our teaching pool we usually find a fellowshipper for them. When I reached out to Kameryn the conversation went great and led up perfectly to an opportunity where she would be open to skyping and hearing more. I wanted to make this a great experience for Kameryn and so since Rick knows her pretty well too and from more of a different angle (They graduated from Liberty together) I reached out to him over Facebook Messenger. We talked and he then reached out to his mission president who gave him permission to join us for a video lesson. So for a lot of the day on Tuesday Rick and I were able to message back and forth to plan for the lesson. It was so cool to hear about his approach to teaching. By no surprise, Ricky is really good at caring for the people and teaching according to their needs. Well Wednesday morning was pretty special but let me give you some background.


Back in April, about 2 weeks before I came back out on my mission, I was in the temple and received revelation that I needed to reach out and connect with a few individuals before I left again on my mission. Kameryn pressed my mind strongly that day and so I went down to Tucson to see some people and I was able to see her for about an hour. It was a great visit but been since then I've kind of been kicking myself for not trying to share the gospel with her more. In retrospect I can see that the Lord was wanting me to wait.


As we were talked on Wednesday she mentioned some significant things that have happened since I saw her in April. One of those was about how when she visited Rachel Allen in Hawaii and that she went to church with her every week! The other was that she mentioned that she has really increased her faith in Christ during this past semester and started making scripture study a part of her daily routine. I know both of those events prepared her even more to receive the gospel. And also on Wednesday she mentioned that she had seen the missionaries on campus! She said that that was only the 2nd time she'd ever seen them on campus... Interesting how that happened to be right before she Skyped with us. Haha. It's all a part of His Divine Design.


Anyways, we taught a lot about the Book of Mormon and when Rick and I were able to testify back and forth it was one of the most powerful feelings of the spirit that I've ever felt. Who would have thought that Rick and I getting called to England and Idaho would have an opportunity to teach together. Pretty Incredible. We are hoping to get her to meet with her local missionaries and to still be involved with her progression. What was almost even cooler was what Rachel Allen responded with the next day after I reached out to her and told her all that had happened.


"Elder Field! Hi okay first I have to tell you I got super emotional reading this. You don’t even know how much I have been praying for guidance in teaching Kameryn. I also have known that she is so ready for this but have been hesitant to know how to go about it. So getting this message and knowing that you followed that prompting seriously makes me so happy. So Kam of course has had some influence of Mormons through hanging out with us in high school and she came with me to girls camp one year and actually bore her testimony of the feeling she felt while being there. And this past summer she came and lived with me in Hawaii. She got to be in a place where the Spirit is so strong. She came to church all 3 hours every Sunday and I noticed how she would take notes and a few times even got emotional during sacrament meeting. My friend was the Sunday school teacher and I asked if they could make the lessons more simple and basic specifically for her. I know she learned a lot but had a lot of questions as well. I did my best to answer them and bear my testimony to her and had the prompting to give her my old Book of Mormon so I did. After she left Hawaii I was hesitant and didn’t want to push too hard so ever since I’ve been praying for guidance in what to do. I have known that her talking to the missionaries would be the next step but didn’t know how to go about it so I am SO grateful Tay that you took that initiative. Ever since she left Hawaii she has told me that she feels as though something is missing in her life and I have tried to make it clear to her that it is the Spirit and this gospel but I’m hoping missionary discussions can make that known to her. Kam is amazing and I know she will benefit so much from this amazing gospel. I would absolutely love to be apart of journey and help in anyway that I can, please just let me know what i can do! I love you tons Tay!"


So awesome. A day I will remember for a very long time."

No comments:

Post a Comment