Monday, April 16, 2018

January 21, 2018: Visit to my first area/ Grimsby!

Dear family and friends
I hope all is well! I apologize for the lack of writing home! Things have been quite hectic lately! To be fair I haven't had a pday in like 3 weeks! Knowing that, I don't have one tommorow as well  I thought I might as well write you now! I will make it quick! I am currently sitting at the back of the Grimsby chapel! We were on exchange with the Grimsby Elders and considering that we don't have an area or an assigned ward we thought it would be cool to attend church here! It's quite a surreal feeling! It's been 9 months since I left! The ward is doing great it was nice going around seeing how everyone is doing! Grimsby is a sacred land to me! I learned so much and learned to love many people here! As I sit here looking around my heart is filled with joy to see how the gospel has healed the saints here in Grimsby! I am grateful for the love our Heavenly Father's has for us! While sitting here I was reminded of a story that I read at the beginning of my mission from President Nelson. I will share it with you, I hope it touches your heart as it did mine!
"While visiting the British Museum in London one day, I read a most unusual book. It is not scripture. It is an English translation of an ancient Egyptian manuscript. From it, I quote a dialogue between the Father and the Son. Referring to His Father, Jehovah—the premortal Lord—says:
“He took the clay from the hand of the angel, and made Adam according to Our image and likeness, and He left him lying for forty days and forty nights without putting breath into him. And He heaved sighs over him daily, saying, ‘If I put breath into this [man], he must suffer many pains.’ And I said unto My Father, ‘Put breath into him; I will be an advocate for him.’ And My Father said unto Me, ‘If I put breath into him, My beloved Son, Thou wilt be obliged to go down into the world, and to suffer many pains for him before Thou shalt have redeemed him, and made him to come back to his primal state.’ And I said unto My Father, ‘Put breath into him; I will be his advocate, and I will go down into the world, and will fulfil Thy command." Everything that I am and everything that I hope to become is all because what the saviour was willing to go through for me! I am so greatful for him! I know that he lives! This is his church ! He leads and guides it in these latter day!
Tah, Elder Tuita












No comments:

Post a Comment